Rashes that present on the body can be a very frightening condition. Body rashes are simply inflammations of the skin. Body rashes can have many symptoms, but common symptoms include reddening of the skin, inflammation, drying of the area, itchiness, bumps, or burning sensations. Rashes can occur over the whole body to a small designated area of the skin. Common rash areas include the face, neck and back.
The causes of body and skin rashes can be numerous. Body rashes may occur due to a disease or allergic reactions. Skin rashes may sometimes be contagious. Although it is always advised to consult a professional when a skin rash is noticed, there exist many traditional home remedies for skin rashes.
Home Remedies for Skin Rash
- An old traditional remedy to treat skin conditions is to massage the affected area with olive oil or castor oil.
- Apply a mixture of ground cinnamon and honey to the affected rash area. Honey and cinnamon are both said to relieve symptoms of the rash including inflammation.
- Soak a tea bag in water for a few minutes. Then take the soak tea back and place it over the affected rash area. Both black and camomile tea are commonly used for this remedy.
- Add oatmeal to bathwater. Soak in this oatmeal bath for at least 20 minutes. This is said to ease the rash symptoms.
- Apply Vitamin E to the affected rash area. Vitamin E is said to treat a variety of skin ailments.
- Apply Aloe Vera to the affected area to cool down the rash. Aloe Vera is commonly available in gel form.
- Apply baking soda to the rash area. Baking soda is believed to relieve the redness and inflammation associated with the skin rash.
- Make a paste from tulsi leaves, olive oil and garlic. Apply this paste to the affected area. This paste is said to reduce the inflammation caused by the rash.