Once in a while, we all get the dreaded stomach ache. Stomach aches are a very common condition. The pain and discomfort associated with stomach aches can be anywhere from slightly mild to very severe. Common causes of stomach aches include indigestion, food poisoning, constipation, gas, kidney stones and urinary tract infections.
Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
- Mix together equal parts of lime juice and mint juice. If mint juice is unavailable, feel free to mash fresh mint leaves. To this mixture, add ground fresh ginger and black pepper. Sip this concoction throughout the day to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- If the cause of the stomach ache is due to indigestion or acidity, try drinking a glass of warm milk or water. This should help with relieve the symptoms.
- Grind together ginger, cumin seeds, black pepper, mint, coriander seeds, garlic and a pinch of salt. Make sure to form a powder. Consume a bit of this powdered mixture after every meal.
- Add ginger and castor oil to a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture every day to help prevent the formation of excessive gas leading to stomach aches.
- Let a handful of anise (aniseed) soak overnight in water. Strain the next morning and drink the liquid. This is said to help alleviate stomach cramps and pain associated with stomach aches.
- Mix together lemon juice, ginger and a bit of honey. This is said to help give relief of stomach pains.
- Eating fresh pomegranate is said to help with easing the symptoms of stomach aches. Eat pomegranate seeds with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Eat fresh mango at the sign of any stomach ailments. Mangoes have long been eaten to help treat many gastro-intestinal concerns.
- Add ground fenugreek seeds to a bowl of yogurt. Fenugreek is said to help alleviate pain and discomfort while yogurt helps to ease acidity and provide you with beneficial bacteria.
- Sip on lemon tea with added honey. This will help ease cramping and tension within the gastro-intestinal area.
- Bring ajwain seeds to a boil in water. Drink this mix to help alleviate stomach aches.